Monday, February 13, 2017

Yea, those "F" words.....







Image result for exercise is therapy

The F words that have helped me build my life after years of struggle and find me again....

Faith: I have always had faith in God.  Always.  There have been many times over the past two years where that faith has wavered, I am not going to lie.  Painful really.  Then, when you think you are at your lowest, you find your way back.  All by the grace of God.  I pray and pray and pray.  I know that things happen for a reason but I also know that God has a plan.

Family: My kids are my world. My family is my world (parents, sister, cousins, etc). I am who I am because of you. I have had the pleasure of being in a mom since 2005 in the sense of the word "mom" but I have also been blessed to become a mom over again in 2008 and 2013 and I couldn't be who I am today without those three beautiful children.  No doubt.

Friends: Where do I begin?? Honestly...  If it weren't for my friends, and you know who you are, I would not be where I am today. Late night phone calls, hours on the phones, girls weekends, overnight sleepovers, movies, dinners, phone calls, emails, cards, hugs and tears-each and everyone of you have been there for me.  I have learned that those that are your true friends will always call and check on you no matter what.  No Matter What.  So, to those friends, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Food: Over the past two years I have ventured into a "low carb" lifestyle.  Following a Paleo diet for a while but now trying to focus on a whole food lifestyle.  Eating those good foods and not a bunch of junk.  I think it's also important for my kids...processed foods don't even really taste that good. I want to be healthy, I want my kids to be healthy.  I make fresh meals as often as I can.  It's a lifestyle and in my profession, be the example you should be for your students- you know the saying "practice what you preach".
Image result for exercise is therapy

Fitness: I have always enjoyed being active.  I played soccer throughout my teenager years and cheered (is cheerleading even a sport?) all through high school.  I teach physical education to kids with disabilities and love giving them opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have.  I gave up a lot of my fitness lifestyle to have kids, to take care of those kids and to be around for my kids.  Over the past three years I have started to take opportunities to put myself first and get back into fitness.  And.... I love it! I hate a gym, but I love a good boot camp class and throwing around some heavy weights! I have actually started to enjoy running (it clears my head) and my goal is to get even more fit in the next year!

Favorites: I have a few (okay, maybe more) favorite things...shoes, purses, sweats, shows, etc.  These favorites make me happy and if they are that good, I want to share them.


No comments:

Post a Comment